We strive to provide a high level of service and try to ensure all our patients are pleased with the experience they have while in our care. When we receive a complaint, we aim to deal with it in a courteous and prompt manner so the matter is swiftly resolved.
We learn from every complaint to ensure mistakes are not repeated and amend our protocols where necessary to minimise the chance of such an issue happening again.
- The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about our services is our Complaints Manager, Gemma Turner.
- If you complain by telephone or at the reception desk, we will listen to your complaint and offer to refer you to the Complaints Manager immediately. If the Complaints Manager is unavailable at that time, we will take details of your complaint and pass these on as soon as possible. If the Complaints Manager is unable to contact you within a reasonable period, or if you don’t wish to wait to discuss the matter, arrangements will be made for someone else to deal with your complaint.
- If you make a complaint in writing, the letter will be passed on immediately to the Complaints Manager.
- If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges, it will normally be referred to the dentist in question, unless you don’t want this to happen. Arrangements will be made for you to talk to the dentist and we will let you know when and how this can happen.
- If you do not wish to meet us to discuss your complaint, we will attempt to talk to you on the telephone.
- We will acknowledge your complaint in writing and enclose a copy of our code of practice as soon as possible, normally within two working days.
- We aim to investigate your complaint within ten working days following receipt of the complaint to give an explanation of the circumstances which led to the complaint.
- If we are unable to investigate the complaint within ten working days, we will notify you, giving reasons for the delay and a likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
- We will confirm the decision about your complaint in writing immediately after completing our investigation.
- Proper and comprehensive reports are kept of any complaint received.
- We may need to share your complaint with the Commissioning Support Units (CSU) but this will only take place when you give your written consent.
If you are not satisfied with the result of our procedure then a complaint may be made to:
The Complaints Manager (Gemma Turner) at Hertfordshire Dental Specialists or
The Dental Complaints Service
2 Cherry Orchard Road
Tel: 08456 120 540